Forces of Nature, Volume 1 & 2, profiles the inspirational grassroots work of 24 young people recognized with the nation's top youth environmental prize - the Brower Youth Awards. Named after famed environmentalist David Brower, the awards recognize people ages 13 to 22 in North America who have shown outstanding leadership on a project or campaign with positive environmental and social impact.
Among those profiled in short 4-5 minute segments are diverse and talented young people who are:
- Transforming the food and eating practices at universities across California.
- Launching a company that focuses on energy efficiency projects led by community members.
- Training hundreds of young people to become climate champions.
- Launching a non-profit to create a migratory corridor in the Costa Rican rainforest.
- Educating a community about the dangers of living near dirty coal-fired power plants.
- Created a program to boost ecological consciousness in his Native American nation...Forces of Nature
is a beautiful examination of service work. Teachers who promote service learning and community engagement will find this an inspirational tool with their classes. The awardees are charismatic young heroes for planet Earth, whose stories, struggles, and victories inspire people of all ages.Preview link available upon request. Contact support@videoproject for more information